This project uses a MMA7631 Accelerometer Board and ADS1115 A/D Converter.
The MMA7361L is a low power, low profile capacitive micromachined accelerometer featuring signal conditioning, a 1-pole low pass filter, temperature compensation, self test, 0g-Detect which detects linear freefall, and g-Select which allows for the selection between 2 sensitivities. Zero-g offset and sensitivity are factory set and require no external devices. The MMA7361L includes a Sleep Mode that makes it ideal for handheld battery powered electronics.
Accelerometer Board Pins are VCC(5V or 3.3V),GND,X, Y, and Z analog Output.
ADS1115 is an Analog to Digital Converter 16-Bit – 4-Kanal with PGA.
- On raspberry Pi install Adafruit ADS1x15 Library
- On Raspberry Pi Create a directory
- downloadchartlib MMA7631_Accelerometer RotaryKnobLib and unzip them in that folder
- you will see two files rotarylib.py and Test_RotaryEncoder
- On Raspberry Pi under Menu Programming select Thonny Python IDE
- from menu file open file MMA7631_Accelerometer.py
- Connect MMA7631 to ADS1x15 Board
- run the Python file